How to Build a Rock Garden
Building a rock garden is a great way to transform your landscape. There are a few steps you need to follow to make your rock garden look perfect.
- Begin the project by clearing out your chosen area. This is important prior to breaking ground on your rock garden project. Using a shovel, you can dig out any other plants and roots. Lay out a circle of rocks around the perimeter to set the foundation for your rock garden.
- Next, fill the area with sand since helps give the area good drainage.
- Continue to shovel the soil into the bed and fill in the circle. A good way to help settle the soil in the bed is to walk on it, this will help compact the soil.
- The last step is to select the rocks you will want to use for your rock garden. There are several types to choose from and during this step, you can also begin to decide which plants will be grown in the garden.
At Pebble Junction, we have several types of rocks to choose which are great options for your rock garden. A few options include:
- Brown River Rock is an excellent choice for a rock garden. Brown River Rock can also help assist with erosion. River rocks retain heat so they are a great addition to compliment sun and heat loving plants.
- Cedar Bark Rock is another type of rock offered here at Pebble Junction. This type can also help with erosion and is a perfect addition to a rock garden because it reduces weed growth and helps insulate your plants from extreme weather and sudden fluctuations.
- Black lava rock is great for texture and can enhance the colors of the plants in your garden.